Dried Fruit Muffins - Muffin Monday

 I love to bake but I don't usually have time to make complicated recipes.  Muffins are easy to make and take a minimum of time and I am happy, I made this commitment to weekly muffins, although I did skip Passover.  

I bake these for my husband who likes rather plain baked good and loves nuts.  This fits the bill for muffins.  I do have to stay away from chocolate muffins or ones with chocolate chip because he is not a chocolate fan.  Horrors!  No gushy toppings but that works for muffins.  If these were cupcakes, I would be in trouble.

Anyone else want to join in with a weekly muffin, let us know so we can check your blog for recipes.
These are not pretty muffins but they are delicious muffins.  I did not even want to pretty them up with confectioner's sugar.  These stand for who they are without pretense.  Probably, they should be given the descriptor, rustic.  They are filled with dried fruit and nuts and they are enjoyed for that reason.  I can see these made with a variety of dried fruit and nuts.  I had apricots on hand as well as walnuts.  I did debate using almonds which I am sure would have passed the test. 

Dried Fruit Muffins

Ingredients:


2 cups gluten-free flour

1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Canola oil
1 cup sugar
2 egg beaters (1/2 cup)
1 cup Tofutti sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup snipped dried apricots
1/2 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Method:

Preheat oven to 400F.


Prepare muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking oil.


In a medium sized mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.


In a large mixing bowl mix oil and sugar together.


Add eggs, Tofutti sour cream, and vanilla. 

Stir in flour mixture until just moistened (batter will be lumpy). 

Stir in dried fruit and nuts.
 
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.  

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. 

These are good both warm or cold but I prefer them warm.  My hubby tester approved, always a good sign. 

Linked to Mrs. Fox's Sweets Party          Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff

Comments

  1. I like adding Apricots to sweet bakes, that wyas you get the sweet taste with less Sugar and adds up to moisture as well.

    These muffins looks cute and nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These muffins sounds great, I like them plain too, without any glazing or frosting. I would not miss out on the apricot too, it's my favourite dried fruits for baking and munching! Muffin Monday sounds like fun, will check it out! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I made muffins on a weekly basis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy i love muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this recipe. Sounds like a fast and easy muffin recipe to bake!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost