Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream

I have been thinking about a dessert for the Eggland's Best Brunch and I decided that homemade ice cream is simply the best.  I made some for the holiday and it was a treat for everyone.  I am about to make another batch.  I love the idea, I can stick it, in the freezer, ignore it completely and remove it for the brunch.

I made my ice cream recipe and added some dark cherries, halved .

You can cut the cream even more and use 1 cup whole milk and two cups cream.  I only keep the one percent milk, in the house.


Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream 

Ingredients :


1/2 cup one percent milk
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 - 2 cups halved cherries

Method:
Pour 1 cup of the cream into a 2 quart saucepan.
Add the sugar and salt and stir mixture until the sugar dissolves.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla extract.  Then add the milk and remaining cream.
Chill for 30 minutes and pour into ice cream maker and follow the directions from the manufacturer.
In the last two minutes, add the cherries which will spread throughout the ice cream.

I cooked some berry jelly and put it on top but it hardened rather than stay syrupy.

Comments

  1. Merhabalar, ellerinize,emeğinize sağlık. Çok leziz ve iştah açıcı görünüyor.

    Saygılar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious! I'm going to try this with Almond Cream and see how it goes. I have used that in the past and it has worked as a substitute for most recipes ☺ Thanks for sharing! Please feel free to share it in my recipe linky this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is Almond Cream? It sounds like something I should have.

      Delete
    2. Chaya...here is the link for the Almond Cream we use. It is readily available in most of our health food stores and it has a very rich, enticing flavor. I also use it to make our ice creams ☺
      http://www.mimiccreme.com/

      Delete
  3. looks really creamy! I would love to try making ice cream one day when I am not so lazy lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked the first time I made ice cream, how easy it is to do. Jump in and try it. You will taste ice cream, like you never tasted before.

      Delete
  4. It looks sooooooooooo tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are certain things that are infinitely better when they're homemade. ice cream is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of those luscious cherries on top! Thanks for sharing the ice cream love with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cherry vanilla..yes please! Thanks for the recipe and Happy #icecreamlove :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think adding some dark cherries to your ice cream sounds great! That's a delicious combination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost