Grilled Cheese for Crazy Cooking Challenge




May is here and that means the Crazy Cooking Challenge, hosted by Tina from Mom's Crazy Kitchen, is HERE. Being a fan of grilled cheese made this month's challenge, even more fun. Who knew all the ways, we can make grilled cheese sandwiches? We will find out as we check the linkys.

I chose a recipe from a blogger, I really respect. He has recipes that must appeal to many of us. He has a unique style and is love of cooking shines through. I am referring to Kevin of Closet Cooking.

You might guess that it is the avocado that was the first sign, I had to make this sandwich and second was the gooey cheeses involved.


*
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons mashed avocado
2 slices of challah

Method:

Butter one side of each piece of bread.

On the other side of the bread, layer cheese and avocado, starting and ending with the cheese.

Top with one piece of bread, buttered side on the outside.

I made mine on the stove. I browned each one for about two minutes, on each side until golden brown.
Prepare yourself for a treat.


Crazy Cooking Challenge     

Fat Tuesdays                    Hearth and Soup Hop         Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays       See Ya in the Gumbo

Comments

  1. Love this! guac and grilled cheese are just perfect together I think

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love guac - will have to try this one also:)

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds perfect! So ooey gooey and I love guac!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love guacamole, and with lots of melty cheese, in a sandwich? Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great, Chaya! I love avocado but have never tried it in a grilled cheese before. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! And look at all those grilled cheese recipes! I think I see one in my near future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made and posted about this last month, too, ... it's so good, isn't it?? Great choice for The Challenge, Chaya!
    Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground CCC #48

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yeah...this is a must make! I just LOVE avocados :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yumm! Must try, looks so cheesy! #76

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the second guacamole grilled cheese that popped up on my reader this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at guacamole! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds wonderful. I love avocados, I am sure the avocado gave this sandwich a great flavor. #83

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great combination for a Grilled Cheese, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost