Aunt's Apple Cake SRC

Secret Recipe Club

Secret Recipe Club (SRC) time is here. again, for the second group under the capable leadership of Suzanne of Thru the Bugs on my Windshield and April from Angel's Homestead.



The blog, I was assigned is No Reason Needed.  Strangely enough, she had my blog, last month, in another group.  It happens, I was about to bake and happily found this yummy apple cake.  I knew hubby would enjoy it which he did.


This is easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand.

Aunt's Apple Cake (
adapted from No Reason Needed)

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

3/4 tsp baking powder

4 large apples 


2  eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon rum extract

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
 

8 tablespoons oil


Method:

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a square baking pan.
 

 Beat oil and eggs until foamy. Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and Rum flavoring; mix well.

Add apples, diced to the size you prefer.  I like chunks . Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan (9x9 square).


 Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake  for at least, 10 minutes, before removing.

Eat and enjoy.

Comments

  1. I love how your cake is filled with such delicious chunks of apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a great fall recipe too when we have too many apples around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and tasty - that's a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that this comment is not complimentary, but the pictures of your food always seem to be beige/yellow and even when the recipes seem appetizing, the pictures do not do them justice. Something else that I always notice is your misuse of punctuation marks, especially the comma. You use them way too often and incorrectly most of the time. It diminishes from the professional quality of your blog. These 2 points are really easy to correct and I wish you best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did want to respond to you and thank you for your input. It is a shame, you did not sign your name or send this in an email. I might have chosen to ask you advice. Since that was not your choice, please accept my thanks.

      Delete
  5. Apple pie is a hit wherever you go! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chaya,
    You always make everything look so good, and this looks delicious! Great cooking with you in Group B!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy cake! I have a similar recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, simple and yummy. Gotta love that combo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you can ever go wrong with an apple cake. It looks so delcious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and tasty - can't go wrong with that combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! Looks delicious! Great SRC choice.

    Heather @ Join Us, Pull up a Chair

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yum - I love apple cake and this one looks YUMMY! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving the chunks of apple in this cake and the rum flavoring. Mmmm... I bet it is delicious! I can see serving it with cinnamon ice cream. What a great SRC choice! Thanks for sharing it. So funny she had your blog from another cooking group!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really good. And sounds really easy. Best kind of dessert. Oh, and it has apples!!! And rum!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost