Orange Chicken

This recipe is from A Taste of Tradition, Feldheim Publishers by T
 
Tamar is a favorite of mine.  I really started appreciating her when I discovered this cookbook which is completely gluten-free other than the matzah.  While Passover is an easier time to eat on a gluten-free diet, any dish with matzah in it does not qualify.  That includes delicious dishes such as Matzah Balls (Kneidlach), Matzah Kugel  and Matzah Brei.  I can't say that we missed them and with a bunch of good Pesach cook books, I had more than enough recipes to make and to love.
 
A Taste of Tradition is the one, I used the most, and liked the most.  Knowing every recipe was acceptable for my husband, allowed me to drool over all the beautiful photos, knowing I could duplicate the dishes. 
 

 .This photo is from the book.  I did not take many photos during the hustle and bustle of cooking.  Rarely, do I use a photo from the book but I do want you to see how beautifully, these dishes, can be set up.

Orange Chicken

Ingredients:

1 - 1/2 chicken, skinned and cut up  

4 chicken cutlets
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 stalks celery, diced
3 large carrots, sliced into rounds
1 green pepper, diced
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup dry or semi-dry white wine

Method:

Saute onions  in olive oil until clear.


Place half of them in the bottom of a casserole.

Place the chicken pieces on top of the onion mixture and sprinkle them liberally with half of the paprika and pepper. 

Add the remaining onions  to the top of the chicken, together with the remaining vegetables.

 Pour the orange juice and wine over all. Let this marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight before cooking.  

Add spices and bake at 350 °F  for about 20 minutes.

Eat and enjoy,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost