Loaded Cheddar Corn Potato Patties

Photobucket
I am excited about participating in Little Thumbs Up.  Each month, these is a chosen ingredient and we can link up as often as we have recipes with this ingredientZoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite DIY have orgaznized this group.
If you are interested, do link up your corn recipes.
 

  When I saw this in Taste of Home, I knew I had to make it.  It has my favorite foods in it,

I am more and more excited about having potato flakes in my kitchen.  I bought them to use as a coating and now, I find more and more ways, to add them to dishes.  I use them to thicken soups and add a little potato flavor.  It does not take a lot to accomplish this.  I spice them for a breading or mix them with taco chips or corn meal.  Kudos.

 Loaded Cheddar Corn Potato Patties  (adapted from Taste of Home)


Ingredients :

2 cups mashed potato flakes
1/3 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - feel free to use more
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 cups low-fat milk
1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese                                                   1 egg, beaten

Method:

In a large bowl, mix the potato flakes, cornmeal, garlic salt and paprika. Add the milk, corn, cheese and remaining green onions; mix until blended.

Using 1/4 cupfuls, shape mixture into 3 inch patties.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook patties in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

I would guess that if you choose to bake them, a half hour at 350 will do it.  I would raise the temperature for about 5 minutes to brown the tops.

 

Comments

  1. Thank you for inviting me to your party! I'm your newest follower :) Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya, thanks for hosting, enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya,
    Happy Thanksgiving, thanks for another wonderful party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya,
    It's been a long while since I last had any corn patties!
    I've linked some soft and fluffy Dinner Rolls, perfect for Thanksgiving!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chaya! You got me at cheddar, corn and potato! These 3 are all ingredients I love! The patties look delicious and yummy. Happy Thanksgiving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesy! And extra sharp at that. This is getting pinned!
    Thanks for hosting, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your potato patties sound wonderful - I love cheddar too! I haven't used potato flakes for some time; I had forgotten how versatile and useful they are. Thank you for reminding me :) This week I have shared Beef in Red Wine. Thank you for hosting, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE potato patties and these one looks SO GOOD, with all that cheese!! Thanks for hosting and have a good week, Chaya!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chaya, I have a lovely Brinjals dish to share! Thank you for hosting, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These corn fritters look so delicious! Will make these from time to time and my kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just for me. They look GOOD !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chaya, your corn and potato fritters look delish!!!!Thank you for submitting to LTU.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chaya, this is a great corn dish. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chaya,

    Nice to have you linking up with LTU. These corn patties are excellent! They are great lunch box ideas.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost