Moroccan Style Salmon - Chraimi



I was sharing how I cooked several dishes from The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen by Levanna Kirschenbaum, on My Sweet and Savory,  I included her Moroccan Lentil soup which you can find here.  Today, I would like to let you know how good her Moroccan Style Fish is.  I chose to use salmon and if you have been reading my blogs, you know, we adore salmon.

I had decided on Friday, I would select one cookbook to make all the Shabbat food and this is the one, I used and I did so happily.  The only dish that was not from here was dessert which I baked from the Home Bakers.  This means, the fish course, soup, meat loaf, sides and salads all came from the book.  I had no difficulty finding recipes, we would enjoy.  In fact, I want to stay with Levanna and make some of the tempting food she shares.

The recipe for this can be found on her site .  I suggest you check it out,  Many recipes from her books are found here.  Instead of my typing in the recipe, you can find it on her site which I think you will enjoy.  I will enjoy not typing.

I made the recipe almost completely as she did.  I did not have preserved lemon on hand.  Other than that, her recipe speaks for itself.  Although, all her food is kosher, this book is for everyone.  If you are cooking whole foods, get some new ideas for dishes.   Many of the recipes are unique but with ingredients that are easy to obtain.

As you may have guessed, I am enthralled with this book.

wfkk
Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen:
Glorious Meals Pure & Simple
 
Dishes that caught my eye....... 

Moroccan Turkey Patties in Lemon Sauce
Steamed Chicken Breasts with Baby Bok Choy and Shitake Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Lettuce Salad
Cooked Tomato Salad
Roasted Leeks, Onions and Garlic
Chocolate Almond Date Smoothie
Blueberry Scones
Vegetable Pancakes
Apricot Oat Bars
Cranberry Peach Crumb Pie
Frozen Coconut Crunch Chocolate Cake

Above are only a few recipes and I hope I will have time to make them all.



Comments

  1. Oh my, that sounds delicious. So do the steamed chicken breasts, so does the cranberry peach pie - what a great cookbook!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost