Creamy Recovery Potatoes



My husband had minor surgery yesterday.  I didn't think, he would be particularly hungry and asked what he wanted, for dinner.  I was expecting him to say, " soup or salad" but no, he chose a creamy potato dish.   I asked what that meant to him.  

"You know," he said, "something cheesy and creamy - soft."

"Will you leave it up to me?" I asked.  He, of course agreed because that is what he does, when it comes to food.

I put together comfort food even though I did not mash the potatoes.  Yep, mashed potatoes are the ultimate in comfort food.  For a change, I left out the onions and only added sour cream to the wedged potatoes.  I topped this with a Mexican cheese combination and it was delicious.

Hubby loved it and I am going to keep this in mind for grumpy or under-the-weather days.

Recovery Potatoes

Ingredients:

3 large potatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Mexican cheese mixture (shredded)

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Boil water in a 2 quart pot.
Peel and chunk potatoes.
Drop into boiling water.  Lower heat and cook for 15 minutes until cooked through.
Spray a baking dish with cooking oil (I use olive) and place potatoes in dish.  Add sour cream and gently mix together.
Top with shredded cheese.
Bake covered for 15 - 20 minutes until heated through.
Removed cover (aluminum foil) and cook for another five minutes.  I chose not to brown mine but if you prefer it, that way, leave the casserole in, a few more minutes until golden.

If you want to feel good, try this and be happy.

Mexican cheese is made up of four cheese which is why you see yellow and white.

Comments

  1. I understand! Potatoes make everything better and I'd love a taste of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this one. B is a big time potato fan and would love this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost