Free Form Ratatouille Tart - Donna Hay


This week, Margaret. chose a free-form ratatouille tart for the Donna Hay group to make.  I  was excited about this choice.  I stay away from making gluten-free pie shells because I am not comfortable with the dough.  This is one area, I have not had real success.

I didn't make my own dough  but used  one from Katz's Kosher Gluten Free Baked Goods.  These are kept frozen and after 24 hours defrosting in the refrigerator, it was still frozen.  Leaving it out for an hour did the trick and I had pliable dough.

When rolling it, pieces on the outside broke off but I was able to reattach them.  It was great to have the ready made dough and made the recipe easy to make.

It was a delight to fill this with onions, eggplant, tomato, red peppers,and zucchini.  They were delicious with little seasoning.  The whole thing with the already roasted vegetables were baked and I think it was a winner.

I am sorry, I did not add the mushrooms, sitting on the counter but I wanted to be faithful to the recipe.  Next time, I  would like to try other vegetables, as well.

Check out the results of the other Donna Hay cooks -     Margaret       Gay    Kayte 

Comments

  1. Next time I plan to use mushrooms as well. Looks delicious. All those lovely veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about this little tart was that the vegetable choice was excellent, but you can also change it around a bit. All so simple to do. Looks great. Interesting to hear about your crust choice...another way you can adapt so many of her recipes to fit your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks terrific Chaya. I accidentally left out the fetta but it was still good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost