Passover Vegetable Latkes


We have vegetables coming out of our ears, Passover time, and I don't object, in the least. I had a lot of odd and end vegetables and put them together to make these latkes. This is from last year and was posted on Chaya's Comfy Cook. I plan to bring over the recipes there appropriate for the holiday, coming up, so soon.


Vegetable Pancakes



Ingredients:

1 zucchini, cut into chunks

4 scallions. cut into pieces

1 sweet potato, peeled and  cut into chunks

1 turnip, peeled and cut into chunks

4 baby carrots

2 slices of bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces

fresh parsley

2 eggs

1/4 cup potato starch, more or less

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Olive oil spray for greasing the pan

olive oil to cook in

Method:

Shred vegetables in food processor.

Mix together the vegetables, onion, egg, and 1/4 cup of the potato starch. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (I added this in the food processor.)

Add a little more potato starch if the mixture isn’t holding together.

Put a little olive oil in a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.

When the oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of the batter, using a fork to spread the vegetables into an even layer, press down a bit.

Work in batches to prevent overcrowding. Cook, turning once, until nicely browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.

Serve hot.




Comments

  1. When I saw the picture I was curious as to whether you were going to use potato starch or matzoh meal as a binder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love latkes. These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chaya, these look marvelous! :-) I love how crispy they are. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These latkes sound so tasty! I don't even celebrate passover and I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These latkes look so yumm! Wanted to stop by to let you know that I chose you for the Versatile blooger award!http://www.foodatick.com/2012/04/peanut-butter-and-banana-bread-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about HEALTH HEALTH deliciousness! :)

    http://youtu.be/5d4W4szaFwY
    http://youtu.be/86nhXtV4wEU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look DELICIOUS! thanks for linking up last week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost