Bake with Bizzy -- Knish in a Cup

My  apologies.  There were two more blogger's recipes to be featured and they seem to have disappeared. I will try to straighten it out.




There are a few staples of Passover and they are called potatoes, potatoes, and potatoes.  Then you look again and you see egg, eggs, eggs and onions.  Everything else, in my opinion, is secondary.  As a result, I have already made several potato recipes and I love them.  Yep, I am a potato fan.

This recipe probably is like a knish filling made in a muffin tin.  It makes nice individual size servings which would be loved by any child or adult.

Knish in a Cup


Ingredients:


 1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups mashed potatoes (4 large potatoes)
2 eggs
3/4 cup potato starch
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup onions, chopped
3/4 cup red pepper, chopped small
3/4 cup carrots, chopped small.



Method:

Preheat oven to375 degrees.

Mix mashed potatoes with eggs, potato starch, salt & pepper.
In a large skillet, , in olive oil, fry vegetables for about 5 minutes until softened. 
Add veggies to mashed potato mixture.   Mix thoroughly by hand.
Using 1/4 cup measure, scoop the mixture into a muffin tin.  Fill as many cupcake tins, as necessary.
Place in 375 degree oven and bake 20 - 25 minutes or until slightly browned.


Last week:

Cast Party Wednesdays     Pennywise Platter   Makin' You Crave Monday


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for another easy recipe for Passover - looks great and I like it.
    I'm planning to try it next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a potato fan as well, these are right up my alley! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little potato cups look yummy! I have shared Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never feel like going through the whole ordeal of making knishes, but mini versions sound so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm head over heels for your knish in a cup idea (and recipe!). I'll definitely be making these to surprise my mom for Passover! She grew up in NYC and often reminisces about the knish carts on every corner in her childhood.

    Pinning the recipe too!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had knishes, but they look wonderful and sound wonderful! Potatoes, eggs and veggies make a great combination, and I like that they are mini versions as well. Thank you for sharing the recipe and for hosting. I have shared my Carrot Macadamia and Cranberry Muffins, a real treat, and a great way to use up extra carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the knish in a cup. Looks so easy! Thanks for hosting and have a marvelous Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost