Bake with Bizzy - Passover Cherry Tomato Crisp


Each year, going through the same recipes, looking for new and interesting recipes for Passover, I find at least one, I missed completely in previous years.  This time, it was a simple recipe but with the most fantastic results.  Susie's book is beautiful.  The photos are spectacular.  It is worth, sitting down and just looking at the pictures.  She sets a beautiful table.


This is a light dish and really looks like a crisp with real bread crumbs.  One of my guests who does not like tomatoes, scraped the crumbs off and ate them alone. 

Tomato Crisp (adapted)
by: Susie Fishbein
Passover By Design

Ingredients:

 

5 tablespoon olive oil, divided
2 pints cherry tomatoes, stems removed
1/2 cup matzo meal (I used 1/4 cup potato starch and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon diced onion
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Method:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.


Lightly coat a shallow baking dish with 2 tablespoons olive oil, add the tomatoes, and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer.

In a medium bowl, combine the potato starch-walnut mixture, parsley, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and remaining oil. Mix well and sprinkle over the tomatoes.


Cook for 20-25 minutes until crumbs are golden brown and tomatoes are tender. Serve hot.


Thank you, Susie. 

Looking back:
Easter  Cereal Bars from Lady Behind the Curtain
 
Simple Nutritious Breakfast Bars - Walnut Acre

Photobucket
Individual Lemon Cakes from Hun....What's For Dinner?
Linked to Real Food Wednesday     Cast Party Wednesday     Pennywise Platter Thursdays    Full Plate Thursdays     Frugal Food Thursday

Comments

  1. I like this dish, and would love to eat it all year (as I'm a veg)

    Thanks for hosting, and again - thanks for the blondie's recipe :)
    Have a wonderful Passover - it's gonna be a long weekend this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my Easter Cereal Bars! Today I am sharing my Cranberry Orange Bagels and my Light Pumpkin Spice Bagels! Thanks for hosting! ---Sheryl---

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tomato Crisp looks delicious! I have shared my Paradise Cheesecake, even though it is a no-bake version. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks so much for hosting! i linked up one of favourite recipes of all time my super healthy protein energy balls- try them and you'll see what I mean! Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network ( Seasonal Celebration) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, yummy side! It would be perfect for any holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of a tomato crisp. Yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I Would love to have you link up to my 2 carnivals today....http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-5/ (anything food related) and http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-5/ (deserts only). Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of tomato crisp before! Looks good! I've linked up a delicious Focaccia bake. Thank you for hosting, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for featuring my Mini Lemon Cakes! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and thanks again for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are having a great spring week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this looks so interesting. I don't think I've ever had anything with matzo in it. Bookmarking this! May I invite you to my Meatless Monday too? Have a great day!

    Maria
    http://thefitnessgirlkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/04/meatless-monday-millet-mirepoix-stuffed.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the invitation. I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend. I would love it if you would be mine too.
    I linked up the coffee cake, so good, by the way.
    I also linked the post back to you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just linked up another bread, thank you for hosting! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many interesting recipes and tastes! You left a recipe at my hop and I came exploring LOL. Found your hop, so I linked you up to my site and left one of my recipes ☺ Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost