Friday, April 27, 2012

Cucumber Ribbon Salad

I got a new toy and I used it to make ribbons, today, and one of these were cucumber ribbons. This looks archaic, a machine or torture.  I guess that is what it is doing to the vegetables.

You can see my cucumber salad with the pretty curls. 

Cucumber ribbon salad  From Sophistomom  adapted

1 English cucumber
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
pinch kosher salt
3 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon dry dill

Cut in my new toy.
Whisk remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, and add in the cucumber. Toss to coat.

Scrumptious Sunday Link Party  
Inspire me Monday        Homemaker Monday         


  1. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:

  2. Curious to see your new gadget....your salad is perfect for this season...lots of flavours and fresh!!!!

  3. I have a ribbon making tool - I should use it more.

  4. We used a tool like this in a raw cooking class once. It was so much fun and creates beautiful veggies.

  5. Love cucumbers! New follower from Inspire Me Monday. Hoping you can stop by


Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.