Avocado No Mayo Egg Salad



Deviled eggs was on my list to make for the Sabbath until I found this recipe for Avocado Egg Salad.  The word avocado is magic and when I see it, likely, there will be a new dish on the horizon.  That happened today and now we have a new dish waiting to be eaten.

Avocado No Mayo Egg Salad


Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/2 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Method:


1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 10 minutes, then transfer eggs to a bowl of warm water. Allow eggs to rest in the warm water for 10 more minutes.

2. Peel and rinse eggs under cold water to cool; cube eggs.

3. Mash eggs, avocado, and mustard in a bowl with a fork until well mixed. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Top with a little dill or other herb.



Linked to Summer Salad Sunday

Comments

  1. Yum! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE mayo so I love the sound of this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds really good. I like almost anything with avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to find an egg salad without mayonnaise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I have been trying to think of more ways to get my boys to eat avocados...I think you have helped me out! Thanks so much for posting at Scrumptious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is a great blend of flavors and perfect for spring! Glad to pop in here and see this. I will need to try this, thanks for sharing this one and I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Chaya, sing it! This looks sooo good.

    Thanks for sharing with This Week's Cravings. Hope to see you again next week. Kristi @ Veggie Converter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy salad. Thx for linking.

    Vardhini
    CooksJoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love eggs w/ avocado, but have never thought to use it in egg salad. I like! Thanks for sharing with See Ya In the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flavours in this egg salad sound just wonderful! The avocado is so much healthier than using mayonnaise as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds delicious! It is so nice to have a healthy substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw this salad on RecipeNewZ. It looks so delicious and fresh! Yum! Love the idea of using avocado instead of mayo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a tasty combo! I love the Dijon mustard in there too. Thanks for sharing this with Summer Salad Sundays, look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chaya, I can't wait to try this. I pinned and next shopping trip I am getting some fresh avocados :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just made this for lunch. Was very good but next time I will use only 1T of Dijon as it had too much mustard flavor and not enough avocado & egg flavors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost