No Name Cheese Recipe


I felt a need for cheese. I kept thinking of quiche, pizza, mac and cheese, spaghetti with Parmesan, Feta with anything..........big chunks of cheese, sliced cheese, squishy cheese, smelly cheese.....just cheese.

What do you do when you see cheese in everything? ---- You grab a piece of cheese and while eating it, you start to cook. At least, that is what I did.

This recipe has no name and I can't think of one. A recipe really needs a name, doesn't it? A recipe without a name is like water without a glass. It is nebulous. So, what name should I give it.

These are the facts:

It has Gouda and Parmesan.

Scallions and tomatoes.

It is broiled.

It has my least favorite ingredient - mayonnaise.

It is delicious.

It has that nice brown top from the broiler.

We finished it off in no time, at all.


So, what would you name it. Nothing? You think about it, while I type the recipe and then maybe, one of us will come up with a name for it.

No Name Cheese Recipe

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Gouda cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise (you can cut it to 1/4)
2 - 3 scallions, chopped
3 tomatoes, slice thickly


Method:

Combine Parmesan, Gouda, mayo, scallions, in a bowl

Transfer to a food processor. I used the mini one from my Cuisinart Smart Stick.

Process until it is somewhat smooth. You still want the greens and reds to show a little. 

Arrange tomato slices in a baking pan which has been sprayed with olive oil.

Spread cheese mixture on each tomato slice. It will cover the tomato and is a little thick.

Broil tomatoes for a few minutes. Watch it so it does not burn. 


Serve on plates with a green salad or serve as an appetizer or eat it for lunch or breakfast.


Just enjoy it.

   Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday               Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge    

Comments

  1. Baked Tomatoes Parmesan?
    Looks delicious even if it doesn't have a name

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost