Cauliflower Salad


I have cooked cauliflower so using it raw, in a salad, is new to me.  The clean crisp bite was a pleasure to eat with the other ingredients, it is a sure winner.  It comes from Taste of Home magazine - October-November 2005.  The original recipe included a pound of bacon which I did not use.  While, I would guess that the bacon would make it even more crispy and tasty, it was just fine without it.  I also eliminated the cheese.  It just did not seem to need it.
Cauliflower Salad


Ingredients:

1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets

 1 medium red pepper, chopped

 1 medium onion, chopped

 1/2 cup mayonnaise

 2 teaspoons honey


Method:

In a large salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, bell pepper and onion. 


Combine the mayonnaise and sugar. 

Spoon over cauliflower mixture and toss to coat. 

Cover and refrigerate before serving. 

Eat and enjoy.

linked to Happiness is Homemade     Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend           

Comments

  1. I've never made a salad with cauliflower either but I love eating it raw with veggie dip. It's so good for you too. This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cauliflower salad and make something similar that includes broccoli and cucumber too, your version sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember eating cauliflower raw as a child - but I had forgotten how good it was, Chaya! Thank you for reminding me - and for sharing this lovely recipe for such a delicious Cauliflower Salad with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost