White Bean Soup



I was at one of my favorite blogs, Ms.enPlace  the other day.  Go on over and meet  Michelle and learn about Louisiana and good food and be charmed by her.


She was making her weekly recipe for IHCC . IHCC is holding a virtual potluck in honor of Deb from Kahakai Kitchen. Deb recently lost her mother and in her memory members are cooking any potluck recipe from the numerous chefs, they have cooked from, in past years as well as presently.

I saw the white bean soup on Michelle's blog and wanted to make it.  It dawned on me, if I made it, I could also post it and share my condolences with Deb.  Although, I am a week late, not having known about this in time, I still want to offer my condolences to Deb and share this recipe.

Thanks to Michelle and to Rick Bayless for this recipe.  We enjoyed it. Even my granddaughter ate it up.

White Bean Soup - adapted from Rick Bayless

Ingredients:

1 can cannellini beans
3 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 white onion, diced
2 small carrots,  diced 
1 stalk  celery, diced
salt to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons Mexican hot sauce 
1 teaspoon dried cilantro

Method:

Using an immersion blender, puree the rinsed beans with 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth until smooth. 

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. 

Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.

Stir in the carrots and celery and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until they have softened. 

Add the bean puree and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth. 

Bring to a boil, then lower the heat so that the soup is at a gentle simmer. 

Partially cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are softening. 

Season with salt.

Stir in the hot sauce and the chopped cilantro. 

Eat and enjoy.



Linked to:   Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend           

Comments

  1. Looks very warm and welcoming Chaya! Great recipe and glad we are connected through this month's IHCC May Pot Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a tasty and comforting soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this type of soup, healthy and comforting. Thanks for the treat; I can almost taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a very nourishing soup. I love white beans so maybe I will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sending your condolences to Deb through this beautiful soup,Chaya! I know that it will mean a lot to Deb when she sees that you joined in! Michelle is one of my favorite bloggers for sure. She always makes such delicious food and always makes me chuckle with her posts. This soup looks delicious and so very satisfying (beans are a real favorite of mine).

    Would love to have you join us at IHCC whenever you have time! Hope that you are doing well sweet friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a simple but very tasty bowl of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just finally found white beans at our new grocery store, so I could make this! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost