Green Beans with Balsamic Butter



Margaret has chosen Asparagus with Balsamic Butter form New Food Fast, found on page 134, for our recipe for this week in Wednesdays with Donna Hay.

As you might remember, my hubby despises asparagus although, my daughter in law made a creamy asparagus soup which he did not know had asparagus and he loved it.  In all fairness, it did not taste at all like asparagus.

When we got married, he told me no tuna, no chicken and no asparagus.  I could handle no tuna and no asparagus but no chicken, was just too much.  My only guess is that this comes from his mother who tended to burn food or undercook it.  I am not saying that this is the truth but hubby has mentioned it quite a few times so it probably is based on fact.

I didn't make asparagus until last year when it came up in another group.  I enjoyed it and he tasted.  Now, I don't think it is worth the effort to insist on it and I substitute with another vegetable.  Tonight, I used green beans and it went well with the balsamic butter sauce.

A side note -  hubby eats and chicken and loves it as well as fresh tuna but not canned.

This is an easy recipe and I think the balsamic butter can be used with a variety of vegetables as well as fish.  I am happy, I used green beans as my substitution.  They were one of the best green bean dishes, I have had, in years.

Ingredients were also easy to get, the asparagus or beans, balsamic vinegar, butter, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.  I had all on hand and it took only a few minutes to do everything needed for this delicious dish.

To see what others have done with this recipe, stop by Wednesdays with Donna Hay.

Linked to Lou Lou Girls   Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday         Lou Lou Girls      Creative Munster  

Comments

  1. Good your hubby got over the chicken taboo since it's such and easy meal to make. Even I who am a strict vegetarian, have a special crock pot reserved. only for chiken that I make an easy chicken recipe for the grandkids ( and they eat it on paper plates and plastic ware) I think your string bean dish looks like a good substitution for the asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL My husband can't stand asparagus either.
    Your green bean with balsamic butter sounds and looks very delicious, esp. when paired with salmon steak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well his list of dislikes doesn't seem too long. lol Looks like this works well with green beans, too. We love love love asparagus here, I wish it was in season all year long. This was a good recipe and easy for a week night. I will try it with green beans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beans are a great alternative for this recipe - looks good Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gorgeous! This looks incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, so we can party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill is not an asparagus eater either, so I eat my fill when it is in season. This was good and you are right, the sauce would be good with just about anything. I will have to try with beans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost