Creamy Spinach and Mushrooms


There are  certain vegetables, I purchase without any plans for them such as mushrooms and eggplant.  I usually have them on hand and decide what to do with them, as I am cooking.

This time, I also had some spinach in the refrigerator.  It was not enough to make a full casserole for company but enough for the two of us to enjoy.  I suggest adding garlic to this recipe.  I didn't because of hubby's reaction to it but it would enhance the whole dish.

I buy spinach, usually two pounds at a time and spread it out in many dishes.  It is amazing how some greenery makes a dish look better as well as adding flavor.  What I used in this dish was those last two cups from the large package.

Kale is even better because it maintains a shape and does not shrink down to very little.  I don't like cleaning kale though and I like the taste of spinach better so you will find more spinach in this blog.



Dairy Spinach and Mushroom


Ingredients :

1 ­1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms 
1 tablespoon olive oil 
1 teaspoon butter
2 cups fresh baby spinach 
3 ounces whipped cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. 

Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute or until wilted.

Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. 

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to  Lou Lou Girls

Comments

  1. NICE
    NEW BLOG POST: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2013/01/50-keys-to-women-accomplishment.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like cooked spinach better than kale. This looks delcioius

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost