Chinese Vegetable Soup with Chicken


This week, I was the lucky lady to select the recipe we have cooked for our Eating With Ellie group.  I asked someone to pick up the ingredients, I needed but must have made some mistakes.  I found a package of stir fry vegetables and separated the snow peas, added some of the green beans and used them.  I rarely keep scallions in the house so I subbed in red pepper.

I did not like the mushrooms in the soup although I usually like mushrooms.  This soup lends itself to many vegetables.  Broccoli or spinach would fit right in.  The bok choy was an excellent choice by Ellie.

I would make this again with some different veggies.

To find out what our other cooks thought of this soup, stop off at EwE.

Full Plate Thursday      This is How We Roll       Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday               Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge    

Comments

  1. This looks like a simple and delicious recipe! A comfort food to have on cold days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this soup a lot, it was light and fresh and filling at the same time. Lots of veggies. Yes, I think you could use any number of veggies to have it all work, that's the great thing about soup, a great place to park veggies at the end of the week! :-) Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this one too. Easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya,
    This is sure a soup that I would like to try, it looks delicious! Hope you have a very special Mothers Day weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday this week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost