Zucchini Mozzarella Pizza - Ellie Krieger


Tonight was supposed to be an aspargus mozzarella pizza but knowing hubby's dislike of asparagus as well as his sportsmanship when I have served asparagus as a group recipe, I decided to use zucchini.  Granted, asparagus has a more distinct flavor but the zucchini picked up flavor of the other ingredients.  We loved it.  (Photo Above)

Thinking, it might need something more, I made another one with sauce and chopped zucchini instead of sliced and I think, I liked the plain one better but I loved the chopped zucchini in place of the spokes. (Photo Below)

Peggy selected the Asparagus and Mozzarella Pizza which is found on page 215 of Weeknight Wonders and I love Peggy for this.  I could see serving this regularly and using other vegetables as well.  Broccoli or cauliflower would work well.

Do check out our group page to see what others have done with this recipe.


Linked to:            Whimsy Wednesday          What's Cooking Wednesday    Waste Not Want Not Wednesday         Lou Lou Girls      Creative Munster     

Comments

  1. Zucchini is an innovative substitution - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your substitution for the asparagus! I really like this pizza. It was great for my lunch today. Could've used a little more asparagus though. And maybe some red pepper flakes for hotness! I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to switch out for the zucchini. Good both ways. I made it just for me cause Hubs doesn't like asparagus either. More for ME!!! Yes, red pepper would be a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy pizza, we will love this one. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday this week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you are so creative in how you can adapt a recipe so that your family will eat it...I would not have thought of this, but zucchini is always a hit here and I can picture us liking that version, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost