Cabbage Potato Cakes



This is a good recipe to multi-task. While the potatoes cook, chop and brown your vegetables. Everything can come together at about the same time in that way. These were a success and I am going to make them in smaller tins for my grandchildren. I think, they will enjoy, their own little potato cabbage cakes.

Cabbage Potato Cakes

Ingredients:

1 cup cabbage, shredded and then chopped smaller

3 potatoes, peeled and boiled and mashed

2 carrots, peeled and diced

1 large onion, diced

1 egg

1 tablespoon olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

1/3 cup potato starch

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Spray muffin tins with cooking oil.

Chop onions and carrots in a food processor. I used my mini processor from my immersion blender to get small pieces, not as tiny as in my full sized food processor. If you do not have this option, I suggest, chopping by hand.

Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a boiling pot of water. (carefully) Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until soft enough to mash.

While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in skillet and saute onions and carrots until onions are softened.

Add cabbage to carrots and onions.

Drain potatoes and mash. Add other vegetables to potatoes.

Add dry ingredients and mix into potatoes. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Add eggs and oil and combine with potato mixture. Add salt and pepper and mix in.

Using a quarter cup, scoop the potato mixture into the muffin tins. Top with a little chopped parsley.

Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.

I think, you will really enjoy these.


Linked to See Ya in the Gumbo     Recipe Sharing Monday     Mix it Up Mondays

Comments

  1. I like the crispy browned top on these little cakes, Chaya! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost