Spinach Kugelette


I have mentioned, several times, how much I love minis.  I turn many dishes into minis, anything from muffins to meatloaves.  Thus, it is not surprising, I did the same with these delicious mini spinach kugels.  This is another Pesach recipe.

I love my Passover cookbooks and manage to buy a new one each year.  Good thing, the Jewish publishers accommodate my wants and publish these almost annually.  This particular book has been sending a paper booklet to homes across the country for a number of years.  The recipes have been proven and I mean by me.  They are some of the best Pesach recipes, I have come across.  When I found out, a book was being published with those recipes and more, I immediately ordered it.  The book was not out yet but it could be pre-ordered and that is what I did.

I couldn't wait for it to arrive and when it did, I found a quiet place and checked out each page and wrote down page after page or dishes, I just had to make.  Although, I have some excellent holiday cookbooks, I started with this one and the first few days of cooking was based on A Taste of Pesach.  I did not nor could I make each recipe, I had my eye on, but I did make a dent in the book.

I hope to share more of these for you.  As i said before, they are not only for Passover, but are delicious all year round.


Spinach Kugelettes adapted from A Taste of Pesach

Ingredients:


16 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used fresh spinach and chopped it up)
2 tablespoons oil
2 onions, diced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise  (I left this out)
3 tablespoons water
2 eggs
1 tablespoon potato starch or for now, flour can be used
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder


Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and saute until translucent. Drain and discard any liquid from spinach. 


Add spinach to onions and cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat. 

Cool slightly, then add mayonnaise and water. Beat eggs in a small bowl, then add to skillet, stirring constantly so the eggs won’t curdle from the heat. Add the rest of the ingredients. 

Lightly grease muffin pan. Divide mixture evenly among cups. Alternately, lightly grease a 9" round pan and spread mixture in. Bake 35 minutes for kugelletes and 45 minutes for kugel. 

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:  Full Plate Thursday       Wonderfully Creative Wednesday          Foodie Friday
See Ya in The Gumbo

Comments

  1. Se ven deliciosas las tartas de espinacas lindo color,abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks scrumptious! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini food always seems much more fun. Then there's the benefit of portion control as well. You know I love spinach, so it would be hard for me to make kugelletes instead of kugel! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya,
    Your Spinach Kugelette looks so fresh and delicious. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost