Mushroom - Onion Cheesy Pizza

When time is of the essence, which is usually, there are certain dishes to fall back on that are a snap to make and pizza with ready made dough is one of these.  Since I have been making my own toppings, I am not very interested in store bought pizza.  It is usually too greasy and frankly, I like my own toppings better.

I like pizza topped with vegetables the best.  Cauliflower and spinach are two favorites.  I am happy with ricotta cheese being the star and I don't mind leaving out the mozzarella and Parmesan although, all were used on this pie.  I usually make the minis which means it is easy to make different toppings depending on the desires of the moment.

The best part of making pizza is that  nowadays, the gluten-free industry puts out different sizes and different types.  More and more companies are adding gluten free products.  As an aside, it is wonderful to get Ronzoni or Barilla pasta in the stores, with such ease.   I like their pasta better than some of those that come from completely gluten-free companies.  I am not sure why since the ingredients appear to be the same.

Of course, I have also made my own pizza dough but that takes time.  While, I usually feel good about completely  home made meals, I am getting wiser, placing time above pride in my creation.  I still don't like many ready made products but there are staples which make all the difference.

The ease of making pizza with frozen gluten-free crust has cause it to be a staple, at our home. Almost weekly, I concoct some combination to put on top of the mini pizzas and usually, they are delicious.

Mushroom-Onion Cheesy Pizza

Tonight's ingredients:

4 ready-made miniature pizza crusts
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1 huge onion, thin sliced with a mandolin
7 mushrooms, sliced
1 orange pepper, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1 teaspoon oregano
1 cup shredded mozzarella


Tonight, I placed four mini pizza crusts in the oven at 350 degrees and removed them  10 minute later. While hot, I topped them with Ricotta cheese.  I used about 1/4 of a cup of the cheese on each.  I smoothed it out evenly on the crust.

While the crusts were baking, I heated up a tablespoon of oil and added 7 sliced mushrooms and one very large thin sliced onion.  I cooked these for ten minutes when I added one orange pepper sliced and 2 tomatoes chopped.  I cooked it all for 5 more minutes and then added a cup of baby spinach leaves and mixed them in.  I cooked for just another minute.  I found some red pepper spread (1/4 cup) and mixed that with 1 teaspoon of oregano and the rest of the ingredients for the most delicious flavor.  Top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.  The cheese was slightly browned and nicely melted.

Voila, we had my very own pizza contribution.

Linked to See ya in the Gumbo

Comments

  1. I must say, Chaya, I'm not much of a pizza eater but, youjust happen to include two of my very best favorite pizza toppings and Marion loves pizza! I really should buy some ready made dough and give it a try. who knows, maybe I just don't enjoy other places pizza and will like mine and YOURS!

    Thanks for sharing, Chaya:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious@ I love mushroom pizza and I like the Ricotta cheese base! Stopping by from See Ya in the Gumbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto. I don't use many 'store meals' like I used to. Learning how to cook, really cook, opened up a whole new world. Love this pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like spinach on pizza too...but then I like spinach on just about anything! The mushrooms and tomatoes as toppings along with the spinach look really good too. Thank you for sharing, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost