- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (I was out of celery but I think it is necessary to the dish.)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons basil and oregano flavored rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
Method: Heat oil in large skillet.
Add onions, peppers, and celery.
Saute 3 to 5 minutes,until tender.
Add tomatoes, sugar, basil, salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
Mix cornstarch with vinegar and water and stir into skillet.
Pour the mixture into a greased casserole.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays