- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (from my herb garden)
- 1/2 cup plus another 1/2 cup ketchup (total 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 tablespoon sharp mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium heat, enough that it spreads over the entire bottom of the pan.
Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, and oregano.Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and all other remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Spoon about a teaspoon of ketchup on the top of each "muffin".
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
This is good served with mashed potatoes and peas or broccoli. A nice salad would round out the meal.
Linked to Turn the Table Thursday
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum