What You Like Salad
I am nor sure if this really is a dinner. Living magazine, this month has a spread of plates with different combinations. Each one tempted me so I decided to do my own thing, make what we like. I can see making variations during the summer when we want lighter foods and sometimes cold food.
I see this dish being determined by what you have in your house. I had some baby potatoes, a slice of salmon, bok choy, tomatoes, orange pepper, sweet jarred peppers, eggs and an open bag of frozen peas.
This dish can be made without cooking but I wanted to use the salmon and some of the potatoes. I have a new pan that proclaims (in its advertising), you do not need to grease the pan at all. I made the salmon in this pan and it seems to be true. I also boiled some eggs and microwaved those baby potatoes and the peas.
While the salmon was cooking, I sliced the orange pepper, removed some sweet mild peppers from the jar, sliced tomatoes, bok choy and eggs. It went quickly and it was a cinch to make.
What You Like Salad
2 baby bok choy
1 large salmon fillet
6 baby potatoes
1 large tomato, cut into wedges
1/2 orange pepper, sliced (that is the amount I had left - I would have used more)
3 hard boiled eggs
2 cups frozen peas
6 small jarred sweet and mild peppers
salad dressing, optional
1. Sprinkle black pepper on one side of salmon fillet. Cut into two pieces. Place salmon in skillet with a spritz of cooking oil. Cook salmon on each side for about 5 minutes. I usually cook longer to make sure it is cooked through. While salmon is cooking, do the following.
2. Bake potatoes either in 400 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes or in the microwave oven. Put aside.
3. In a bowl, place peas, covered with water and microwave for 3 minutes. Put aside.
4. Place eggs in a pot and cover with water. Turn on high and cook until water begins to boil. Turn off and let sit for ten minutes. Your eggs should be ready.
5. Slice peppers and tomato. Put aside.
6. Peel eggs and cut into halves.
7. Time to plate. If you are creative, design the plate with the pretty colors of the food. If you are like me and lack an eye for design, do your best.