Snack Time

Are those hunger pangs you feel?  Do you see the chocolate bar or peanut butter cookies sitting on the counter.  Would they satisfy you?  Sure, they would but should they.

Actually, my snack of choice is relatively healthy or at least not unhealthy, corn cakes, except for those times that it is chocolate.  Oh my.

Cooking has always been out of the picture for a snack and that makes sense since time plays a role in what I am able to make myself.  Of course, I could have an apple or some grapes but for some reason, even though I like these, they do not suffice.

I have discovered, what for me is the best snack and although, it does include cooking, the whole thing takes about 4 minutes.  It is lovely and delicious and satisfies me completely.  It also has a dozen variations that one can sub in, if out of an ingredient or in need of a change.  I am not sure what to call it but here it is.


Snack Time   

Ingredients - amounts are up to cook of the moment

1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 cups fresh baby spinach
2 ounces of goat cheese(if you prefer feta-use it instead)
a small onion, sliced thin
a handful of cherry or grape tomatoes (you could add bell pepper strips)
(I have added faux crab or smoked salmon to this)

Method

Heat olive oil in skillet (8 inches worked for me).
Add sliced onions and let cook while you halve your tomatoes and crumble the goat cheese.
Add tomatoes and cheese to skillet.  Cook for 2 minutes with onions.
Add torn spinach and cook for another minute or two until it shrivels and is hot.

Place on dish and dig in and enjoy every bite.  You can use a large skillet and quadruple the ingredients and share with someone you care about.

What is your snack of choice?
Frugal Follies    Fat Tuesdays     Full Plate Thursdays

lbgc - all my bloggy friends2 
 Ms. enPlace

Comments

  1. this is wonderfully done lovely flavours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the ingredients, Chaya! I bet it is so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a versatile snack...and I do love spinach! Plus, I'll put my grape tomatoes to good use. Thank you for sharing this week, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaya, this is a great idea for a snack. I'd love this for a light lunch too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost