Smoked Salmon and Egg Pies



With my problematic mail, I did not know what we were cooking, last night, until yesterday and at that point, I had already planned dinner.  Not to miss a Donna Hay Wednesday, I ended up with a hearty and delicious lunch today. 

 Of course, being kosher, I did not use bacon and subbed in smoked salmon.  Frankly, I think, it would have been fine with just the eggs.  I used Dijon Mustard and Mexican cheese because that is what I have on hand.  Putting everything together created a delicious meal, one that I can't wait to make again.

The recipe was chosen by Gaye.
 Bacon and egg pies  ----   page 158 Modern Classics I  Check out what the other members have done.        Margaret        Kayte          Gaye   

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya!

    WOW! Don't those eggs look delicious. I LOVE the notion of using the salmon rather than bacon. Very cool...

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    P.S. Looks like we may play the Picnic Game this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Chaya. Have a lovely week. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya, I like the salmon sub in- it sounds devine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had salmon for breakfast...but that picture makes me want to try! :-) Visiting from Frugal Food Thursday!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salmon sounds terrific for this...and looks great as well. I am sadly behind, but hope to catch up this weekend and get posted. Trying to sell a house and move is not all that conducive to being timely with my cooking commitments. Thank you for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and have a wonderful week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sub with the smoked salmon. Bet it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost