Cranberry Pecan Orange Coffee Cake - THB

 Welcome to The Home Bakers
Our latest baked treat from the The Home Bakers is a tasty cranberry pecan orange coffee cake which fits right in with my husband's preferences.  Nuts and fruit and coffee cake means it will disappear more quickly than usual.

Maria from Box of Stolen Socks. selected the cake, this time, and she did a good job, doing this.  

The cake was easy to put together and the fruit made it full bodied and moist.  I did use orange juice in place of the concentrate.  That with some zest and you recapture the orange flavor.  I am sure concentrate would have had a fuller flavor, though.

For information about the Home bakers and to see the recipes, each member has baked, go over here.   We are using the book, Coffee Cakes, Simple Sweet and Savory by Lou Siebert Pappas.


Comments

  1. Love that dash of icing sugar on top. Like you I used fresh orange but without the zest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Yes, the icing sugar over the top looks good on the cake, which I should have thought of doing as the cranberries are really tart! But then, we finished the whole cake! And using concentrate orange juice really give an orangy taste to this lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya,

    I agree with you that the cake will be better with extra orange flavour. Nevertheless, it is still very delicious. No doubt that your husband will like it :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya! I really liked the cake It was a good choice after all :) I thought that orange flavour would add more to the cake so I added orange zest it worked really well. I could not find orange juice concentrate in Zagreb where I live!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost