Apple and Dark Chocolate Wonton Parcels - WWDH



This week, is my turn to pick the recipe for our group, Wednesdays with Donna Hay, and I decided to do something different and intriguing.  I chose these wontons, filled with apple and chocolate.   Today is a Jewish fast day and I thought, we would be treated to a nice sweet after the fast.

I made these, this afternoon, and could not taste them because of the fast so I just stared.  Eventually, I turned my back and walked away.  The truth is, at that moment, a glass of water would have been more tempting.

You can find this recipe online.  It is an easy recipe, kind of making a sandwich out of two wontons and plopping the filling on.  These are baked and not fried which makes them a lot healthier.

Pull up a chair and try one then go on over to the other WWDH cooks ------
Margaret Gaye Kayte,

Linked to   Frugal Follies   Foodie Friday     Friday Favorites      Full Plate Thursday   

Comments

  1. Apple wontons?? LOVE this idea! Yummy way to break the fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were super easy, but definitely best warm. I have some left over, so I will need to reheat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting recipe, probably not a repeat but I did make all 8 and the guys did eat them all by the end of the evening, so that says that they must have liked them well enough. I bake for the guys so that's all that is important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, good idea but not as good as they could have been. Definitely better warm. Maybe more filling and bigger wrappers.

    "A glass of water would have been more tempting!!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure do look tempting Chaya. I'm not sure I could have resisted:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool idea can't wait to make these with my daugther. Pinning thanks for sharing your unique dessert with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just want you to know that I will be featuring your dessert this friday. thanks again for being part of foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost