Santa Fe Beans and Corn

 I found a package  of Bean Cuisine Soup Mix, behind some cans, on a shelf in my storage cabinet.  Since they do not make this anymore, I have had it for a few years.  Since it was dried beans and seasoning, I figured it was all right to use.

I am, in the habit, of throwing out anything that has been around for a while while hubby moans and groans.  I am afraid to take chances with our health.  This did not appear to pose a threat so I bravely carried on.  I decided not to make soup but a bean dish.

Santa Fe Beans and Corn (adapted from Bean Cuisine)
 

Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups onions, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped

1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 14.5oz cans vegetable broth
1 14.5oz can tomatoes, diced
2 cups corn

Method:

In a large stock pot, saute vegetables & garlic in olive oil.

Add water, wine, vegetable broth, beans, spice packet contents, tomatoes, corn and chicken.

Bring to a boil, simmer, covered, for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until beans are tender. 


Eat and enjoy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost