Chocolate Cake as Good as His Mother's

We had an early Chanukah party today even though Chanukah does not start yet. I baked my class chocolate cake and I received the best compliment, a teacher can get. One of my boys said that now there are two best bakers, his Mom and his teacher. I was glowing the rest of the day.

Some classes respond to my baking with enthusiasm and gratitude and other classes eat it all up without a comment. It seems to be a class trait. Of course there are some who thank me three times and tell me how delicious the goodies are but more just eat up and should not be proud of their behavior. This year, I am blessed with a class of wide smiles and lots of thank you's. 


This is supposed to be a layer cake and if you click on  Taste of Home below, you will get the original recipe.  I did not use their icing either.
Best Chocolate Cake  Adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients :


3/4 cup margarine, softened or oil
2 cups  Granulated Sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 Almond Milk


1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of candy 


Method:

Line three 9  x 13 pan with parchment paper or wax paper; grease and flour the pans and paper. Set aside.
 

Using electric mixer, in a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. 

Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with Almond Milk, beating well after each addition.

Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 


Immediately pour chocolate chips on top of cake, spreading them out to cover most of the cake.  Return to oven for one or two minutes until they melt.  With a spatula, spread them out.  Sprinkle candy on time.  The colorful candy make this look quite festive.

Linked to Sweet Saturday

Comments

  1. When I was the room mother, I would make the kids say please and thank you. lol Manners need to be taught too. So nice to hear that you have a great class this year. I love the fun sprinkles on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this taste is what they needed to get in gear for cookie rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cake, and obviously very tasty!
    Happy Hanukkah Chaya to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost