Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Streusel


This is one of my favorites and I used to make it often.  It has been a while, since I made this particular style sweet potato, all dressed up with it's Nut Topping.


I made changes from my original recipe.  I did not add any butter or margarine to the sweet potatoes, not did I add sugar.  The sweet potatoes stand alone.  I seasoned it with pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and cinnamon. Yummy,  This is a childhood memory although, it was nude, no topping.




Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Streusel
Ingredients:


3 eggs
5 large sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


14 cup gluten-free flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 - 2 teaspoons oil  (walnut, hazelnut, canola)
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease casserole. 


Mash sweet potatoes until smooth in a large bowl.  Add vanilla and spices and mix them in thoroughly. Add eggs and again mix well.  Place in a 8 inch casserole.


Mix topping ingredients together.  Drop spoonfuls on top of sweet potatoes.


Bake for 20 minutes and cool for 5 minutes.  Cut into wedges or if it is too soft, scoop with a spoon.
Linked to Sweet Saturday

Comments

  1. Chaya, I absolutely love sweet potatoes. I love them mashed, as fries or tater tots, baked, grilled. The list could go on. Your recipe looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaya this look really delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I'll have to remember this for Thanksgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mashed sweet potatoes and I remember eating them as a child just boiled and we dip it on brown sugar. Looks delicious on its own.
    Happy Weekend Chaya!
    malou

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE sweet-potato (much more than potat!o) and also LOVE cinnamon
    So Id probably eat half of it by myself

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmigosh! That looks fabulous! It's making me think of pumpkin pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! I love sweet potato and this is one ingredient that is not used often enough in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made something like this in years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the streusel, sounds so good! the combination of soft and crunchy is really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious! thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost