Hungarian Noodles


Sometimes, I see a dish online, either in some one's blog or on one of the major Recipe sites. It rings a bell and memories come flooding in. That is what happened with this one. 

I cleaned the refrigerator, last night, and found I had overbought both cottage cheese and Ricotta and I wanted to use them up. I went looking at allrecipes.com and indeed, I found two memory recipes. My Mom used to make Hungarian noodles and I remembered the ingredients from that time. I had to make it and when I did, the taste was not as I remember it, but it is tasty and creamy and a dish to love. 

Hungarian Noodles 

 Ingredients:

1 (8 ounce) package gluten-free spaghetti
2 cups cottage cheese 
2 cups sour cream 
1/2 cup chopped onions 
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese 
1 pinch ground paprika

Method:
Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain and rinse.

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F .

Spray a large casserole with cooking oil.

Mix the noodles, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, Worcestershire sauce,  and salt together in a large bowl. 

Spread mixture in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and paprika on top. 

Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.

Eat and enjoy a nice savory casserole.

Linked to Recipe of the Week - Pasta

Comments

  1. I always wish I had extra ricotta in our fridge. That stuff gets used so quickly in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I am going to give it a try with Ricotta (homemade) in place of the cottage cheese and I can whip up a batch of homemade Parmesan cheese in no time flat. I should be good to go. This would go well with just about anything. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya,

    It's Zoe here. I can't find your email address. Can you leave me a comment with your email or email me at zoebakeforhappykids@gmail.com? Thanks.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're trying this tonight, so excited. Thanks for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost