Monday, August 1, 2011

Creme Brulee Baking with Dorie

With real excitement, I made the creme brulee for Baking with Dorie, BWD, ahead of time.  I was curious about creme brulee, never having made it before.  I had heard all kinds of nightmare stories about how difficult this is to do but I don't understand that.There are not many ingredients and the steps are simple.  I am not sure why I have always heard that this recipe was daunting.  My only issue was that I had to use the broiler rather than a torch and it did not come out the way it should although it was fine, just not as pretty.

Baking With Dorie: Crème Brûlée was chosen by Grapefruit for Baking with Dorie.   It is a fantastic choice. 

This is a creamy delight.  I love this kind of dessert, smooth and light and cool on a hot day.  The recipe is in Dorie Greenspan's book, Baking from My Home to Yours and on Grapefruit's blog.  To see what others have done, check out the BWD site.