Apple Cranberry Crisp


Since, we have discovered gluten-free oats, I flex my muscles and look for recipes to make.  I used to make this with nuts rather than the oats.  This time, I did it like the recipe said, with oats.  I forgot to take a photo and when I remembered there was a messy scrap left.  I included it despite its condition.

Apple Cranberry Crisp  adapted from Eating Well
 INGREDIENTS
For the Filling:
5 apples, peeled,
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup apple  
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons brown rice gluten-free flour mixture
1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Topping:
1-1/2 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 cup gluten-free brown rice flour mixture
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted margarine
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients. Pour into the baking dish.

In a second medium mixing bowl, combine all the topping ingredients. Cover the filling with the oat mixture.

Bake for 40 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and the apples are tender.

Linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays (if you are looking for fantastic GF  recipes, to visit Linda.    http://wearethatfamily.com/2011/08/wfmw-kids-clothes-swap/  A blog of inspiration....


Comments

  1. It sounds great! I love anything with apples and oats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, Chaya! And, I love that it's healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect recipe for the cooler weather arriving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!!!!!

    I've got my G/F Oatmeal ready to go, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! MY HUBBY IS GF SO I WIL HAVE TO TRY THIS ASAP! THANKS 4 LINKING UP AT WONKA WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tart and sweet all at the same time! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apples and cranberries sound like a great combination for a crisp. Thanks for linking to Gluten-Free Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the Apple and Cranberry combination, it looks delicious! Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost