Brownie Cookies (adapted from Martha Stewart) Everyday Food, June 2009
- Yield Makes 34
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate in microwave oven and heat on medium, checking every 25 seconds. When, you can mix this into a smooth chocolate, stop and put aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until lightened in color. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. With mixer on low, alternately beat in chocolate and flour mixture; mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Drop dough , using small cookie scoop, about 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cookie comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
What I Whipped up Wednesday Sweet Treats Thursday Cast Party Wednesday
This Chick Cooks
What’s On the Menu Wednesday