Thursday, February 3, 2011

Roasted Salmon and Potatoes

We have salmon weekly.  Usually, I make enough for two of us but this time, I made six pieces.  I kept my ingredients the same, though, except for the salmon.  It was tasty enough for us.  If you want more of the honey mustard flavor, I suggest doubling the ingredients, except the salmon.  This came out with a nice fresh taste, delicately flavored and leaving us with a desire for more.

The potatoes were supposed to be cooked in the same pan but it was not big enough so I used two shallow pans.  The additional room for the potatoes was good to have.

Roasted Salmon With Potatoes   adapted from Real Simple

Ingredients:
  • 6 medium sized potatoes
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  •  salmon fillets
  • 1 tablespoon roasted garlic rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions:

1. Heat oven to 400° F. In a shallow baking pan toss the potatoes, with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Roast, tossing once, until the potatoes begin to soften, about 20 minutes.
3. In a separate shallow pan, place the salmon. Season with ¼ teaspoon pepper.
4. Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout  and the potatoes are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, and parsley, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salmon and vegetables before serving. 



Linked to:  It's A Keeper                           Tasty Traditions                     Full Plate Thursdays
Real Food Wednesdays

4 comments:

  1. We just love Salmon and yours looks delicious. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday for us to enjoy. You have a great week end and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to the It's a Keeper Thursday blog hop! I hope you come back this Thursday and link something new!



    It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the salmon. A great recipe for my P90x diet plan. Thanks for sharing and I hope you join us again for Tasty Traditions.We love new foodie bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose this recipe as my post for this month's SRC. I LOVE the honey mustard vinaigrette; so good! Thanks for posting a great recipe! http://www.edesiasnotebook.com/2012/05/secret-recipe-club-honey-mustard.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.