Smooth Parsnip and Apple Soup


Not too long ago, I made a soup that featured parsnips and we loved it so much that I decided to make another one using a different recipe.  This time, I called upon Martha Stewart for my resource and we liked this one also but I don't think quite as much as my first one which used coconut milk.


Smooth Parsnip and Apple Soup  adapted from Martha Stewart

1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
3 prepared sliced leeks
4 parsnips, trimmed, peeled, and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
3 carrots, sliced
1/2 onion that was left over, sliced
2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper

Method:

Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. 

Add leeks. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.

Add parsnips, apples, potato, carrots, broth, and 4 cups water. 

Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.

Using immersion blender, mix until smooth.  I missed a few pieceses of vegetables which floated around in our soup.


Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:  See Ya in the Gumbo    Treasure Box Tuesday      Two Cup Tuesday              Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop       Real Food Recipe Round Up       Tuesday’s Table 

Comments

  1. This sounds exquisite, Chaya. :-) I've been craving soup so much lately, and this is just what I'd love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I am SO not a soup person, but my husband really likes soup, so I might have to give this a try for his sake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parsnip and apples make such a lovely combination! The sweetness of the apples would set off the tang of the parsnips so well. Thank you for sharing this lovely winter soup with us at the Hearth and Soul hop, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost