Crustless Broccoli and Cheese Quiche


I found out, at the last minute, I was having two families over for Sunday morning brunch.  I pondered what to make and threw out the idea of omelets, pancakes, French Toast and waffles.  My thoughts generated to a potato bar or hash browns and that just did not feel right.

I did what a smart cook does who has no patience to start pulling out cookbooks.  I went to the Internet and came up with a few recipes that motivated me to get into the kitchen.  I thought broccoli quiche, potato casserole, blueberry muffins and bagels, lox and cream cheese.  that should fill us all up.


Crustless Broccoli and Cheese Quiche  adapted from  Cooking Light JULY 2003

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
3 - 5 cups broccoli florets
Cooking spray
1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mozzarella
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Method:

Preheat oven to 350°.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. 

Add broccoli; sauté  3 minutes.

 Spread broccoli mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. 

Combine milk and next 8 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl. 

Pour milk mixture over broccoli mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan. 

Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean; let stand 5 minutes. 

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to Real Food Recipe RoundUp    Linked to:  See Ya at the Gumbo                  Treasure Box Tuesday             Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop           Tuesday’s Table  

Comments

  1. One of my favorites dear Chaya.
    Happy and Blessed New Year to you. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I love a good crustless quiche! Sounds like you had a great spread of food for your brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my late mom used to make a crustless salmon quiche. I never missed the crust! Love your vegetarian version - it sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost