Blueberry Hill Pancakes



I am big, into breakfast for dinner, and in the past month or two, we have had several dinners that would have made good lunches and breakfasts and yes, most of all BRUNCHES. I have not made plain ole pancakes, in a while. I think, the last one was an apple pancake recipe that was ever so good.

I had about a cup of fresh blueberries left from a fruit crumble. That is how pancakes become blueberry pancakes.


Blueberry Hill Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Method:

In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.

In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk.

Stir milk and egg into flour mixture.

Mix in the oil and fold in the blueberries.

Set aside for 1 hour.

Pour 1 tablespoon of oil on a griddle and heat on medium high heat.

Drop tablespoons of batter on the hot griddle and cook until golden.

Turn pancakes over and brown the other side.

Drain these. Plate them and eat hearty.



With butter and syrup....
Weekend Bites     Weekend Social Link Party         Foodie Friday    Saturday Night Fever

Comments

  1. Dear Chaya, I love pancakes with a nice cup of coffee. These look inviting. xo Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya!
    Oh yum, Blueberry Pancakes. Silly me, I made some for Marion just last night and didn't make any for me! I'll just have one or two of yours thank you very much, lol...Thanks for sharing, Chaya...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely need this for breakfast! Good Shabbos, my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look terrific for gluten free. I can't have wheat will try this recipe. Thanks for sharing this with us on Weekend Bites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost