Roasted Carrot and Dumpling Soup - WwDH


This week, I selected this Roasted Carrot and Dumpling Soup.  We loved the carrots soup and did not like the dumplings which were heavy and  hard.  I did make them gluten-free which might  have been the cause for this.

This was another easy recipe although it had the additional step of roasting the carrots and onions.  That did not seem like a big deal.  The ever powerful immersion  blender made for a smooth soup.

The dumplings were very easy to make.  They rolled into balls with no effort and frankly, at the rolling stage, I did not think we were going to enjoy them.

You can find the recipe  online and I do recommend the soup.  I can't wait to check out the other Donna hay cooks and see what their soups were like.  Do visit them and get their opinions.

Gaye         Sarah      and      Margaret


If you are interested in cooking with our Donna Hay group, please contact any of the members and let us know.  We are an easygoing and a dedicated group and we do enjoy cooking Donna recipes.

Linked to: Weekend Bites     Weekend Social Link Party         Foodie Friday    Saturday Night Fever     Linked to: See Ya at the Gumbo                  Treasure Box Tuesday        Fat Tuesday       Hearth and Soul Hop       Real Food Recipe Round Up    In and Out of the Kitchen     Tuesday’s Table     Simple Supper   

Comments

  1. LOL - I used glutinous flour and the dough balls were very sticky - I had to add more flour. But in the end, I liked them - the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best soup. I really liked it. Needed more cumin. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe matzoh balls would be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! Hot soup on a cold day is the best...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Can't get enough varieties of soup. This sounds delicious. The only thing that I found works for a gluten free dumpling is gluten free breadcrumbs. The flour makes it too dense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like a soup pureed smooth--seems creamier and more filling than a brothy one. Sorry the dumplings didn't work out, but it doesn't seem like this soup needs them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost