Salmon Quiche Muffins


Estee Kafra has become one of my favorite cookbook authors.  Every recipe, I have tried from her cookbooks has been easy to make and delicious to eat.  I came across this quiche recipe but I did not need a pie.  I was looking for minis but the recipe was so appealing, I decided to turn it into a muffin-like creation.  I removed the crust instructions and pretty much kept to the recipe.

This is a new way and I think, a good one, to use salmon.  

Salmon Quiche  Muffins   by Estee Kafra, Cooking with Color

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs salmon fillet (skin on)
1 small lemon
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Filling:

1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons almond milk or milk
3
tablespoons Tofutti  Better Than Cream Cheese
tablespoons flour
3 eggs
tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon salt

Method:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Rinse salmon and pat dry. Place salmon in a shallow baking dish and squeeze lemon juice over it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and bake for 20 minutes.

When salmon is done , remove skin and put in a food processor. Cool slightly. Blend for a short time until the pieces are small and uniform, slightly chunky.

Combine all the ingredients for the filling (except the salmon) and mix very well until there are no lumps.

Add the salmon to the filling and mix until combined.


Pour filling mixture into the prepared crust and bake for half an hour. Cut into wedges and serve.



Linked to See Ya in the Gumbo   In and Out of the Kitchen    Full Plate Thursday

Pint Sized Baker




Comments

  1. Hi Chaya m love salmon and this is a much make , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this rise on these quiche muffins. Every time I've tried to make quiche into muffins, they fall into flat nothings! Thank you for sharing, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost