Cheesy Spinach Bake - Lunch Break

Today is the second day of my approach to more interesting lunches.  I find it quite amusing that my husband is enjoying this so much.  For decades, the man has taken the same sandwich to work, literally day after day, five days a week.  It is comprised to two slices of gluten-free bread with one piece of  Munster cheese and a little piece of lettuce.  Yep - one single slice of cheese.  To keep myself honest, originally he took a slice of Swiss cheese and somewhere along the way, he made that major change to Munster.  And no, he is not an exciting eater.  You can see why, I am giggling about his very happy attitude toward a new lunch idea daily.

As you may remember, I am using up "stuff" in the house for our meals today.  I think, we did a dual shopping because I ended up with two sour cream, 2 whipped cream cheese, 2 bottles of Parmesan cheese and 2 bags of shredded mozzarella.  I had to remedy this situation for lunch and it didn't take much thought to determine, dairy was going to be the kind of lunch, we were having.

I had both fresh and frozen spinach on hand so I defrosted a small package of frozen spinach as the main player in this dish.  I admit it, I went overboard on the cheese in this dish and next time round, I will cut the amounts a bit.  Of course, it was delicious with the overload of cheese. We are cheese lovers.
I should have baked it for another five minutes so the middle would brown.


Cheesy Zucchini Bake

Ingredients:

1 cup Mozzarella plus another cup for the topping
4 ounces whipped cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 box of frozen spinach -2-3 cups drained and squeezed dry  (I put spinach into a clean dish towel and squeeze it over the sink to get rid of the water.)
black pepper to taste -- it needs no salt with the salt from the cheese already present
1 egg

Method:

Defrost spinach.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease a one quart baking dish or a few smaller ones.

In a medium bowl, mix together all the cheese and the egg (except for the  1 cup Mozzarella for the top)

Add the drained spinach to the mixture.  Add black pepper.

Transfer to prepared dish(es) and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.

Remove from oven.  Let cool for 5 minutes.

Comments

  1. Delicious zucchini bake, love to have bite. thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost