I had a wonderful cake scheduled to bake for this Dessert month but I simply never got to it. This was not my month for baking. In one week, I messed up on two cakes. One, I misread the amount of flour and the second, I can't imagine what I did wrong, but certainly something was not right.
Although drinks usually are planned for the first week of the month, this smoothie, seemed to be the ultimate of desserts, refreshing, filling and sweet. Needless to say - delicious......
Strawberry Banana Smoothie (adapted from Ina Garten)
1/2 pint strawberries
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups ice
Combine the strawberries, banana, orange juice, milk, yogurt, honey and ice in a blender and process until smooth and serve.
Needless to add, this is a very easy recipe to make and one that should be indulged in often, in my opinion. It is so easy to make a smoothie your own by changing the fruit or the flavor yogurt. One of my favorite smoothies is one with mango.
Please do check out what other members made this month. I think, you will find some that you may want to make in the near future.
- Ansh @ Spice Roots (Ansh will return in June)
- Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
- Bhavna @ Just a Girl From AAmchi Mumbai
- Chaya @ Bizzy Bakes
- Linda, @ Tumbleweed Contessa (Beginning in June)
- Linda @ There and Back Again (beginning in June)
- Martha @ Simple Nourished Living
- Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
- Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
- Nancy @ My Picadillo
- Ria @ Ria's Collection (beginning in June)
- Rocky Mountain Woman @ Rocky Mountain Woman
- Veronica@ My Catholic Kitchen
- Please link up below with your Ina dessert. This post is linked to Foodie Friday