Peanut Butter Brownie Squares

The proof that this was a yummy dessert is that it disappeared quickly.  Do people like peanut butter as much as chocolate?

Peanut butter is an interesting spread.  I put some on a cracker for my granddaughter who pushed it away.  Then, I gave her a spoonful of peanut butter which she loved and wanted more.  I happen to agree with her.  There is nothing like a spoonful of peanut butter, rich and creamy and delicious.

I grew up on cream cheese and jelly sandwiches but I have a feeling others went the peanut butter and jelly route.  Did I miss out?

Childhood memories of strange and delicious foods.  I used to take a sandwich maker which was a metal mold on the end of a long pole that you put in a sandwich and hold over the fire.  I used to put apple sauce between two pieces of white bread and "cook" it and it was out of this world.  Who would have thought....?


Peanut Butter Brownie Squares  A Duncan Hines recipe


Ingredients:


1 package Brownie Mix or your own recipe for fudgy brownies

Water, oil and eggs called for on brownie mix package (for cake-like brownies)
1½ cups confectioners' sugar
⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons rice milk
3 tablespoons softened butter, divided
⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.

Combine brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. 


Spread into prepared pan.



Bake 21 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean.


Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.

Combine confectioner’s sugar, peanut butter, milk and 2 tablespoons butter in medium bowl. 

Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. 

Spread evenly over warm brownies.



Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in microwave-safe bowl. 

Microwave on High 1 minute or until melted; stir until smooth. 

Drizzle over peanut butter. Chill in refrigerator until chocolate is set.

Eat and enjoy.

Hearth and Soul Hop        Full Plate Thursday    This is How We Roll         Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend  

Comments

  1. I love chocolate but not peanut butter so much. .Although I do like peanut butter better with chocolate than alone. I'm sure I would love these brownies. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! These brownies look decadently delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate and peanut butter, both separately and together! I would love these brownies! Thank you so much for sharing this delicious treat with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious chocolate and peanut butter, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost