Gooey Chocolate Puffs

No sugar on top of these
I have been having fun with puff pastry.  It turns out looking presentable and it is delicious.  I asked last week's Shabbos guests if their kids wanted chocolate and marshmallow or chocolate and peanut butter.  Both were approved so I ended up making both being a good hostess. I could have used peanut butter in the puffs instead of the marshmallow and I am not sure which would have been better.  These were good and I could not eat just one.

 Gooey Chocolate Pastry Puffs
Ingredients:

1 package, frozen puff pastry

3/4 c. Nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread
1 egg for egg wash
 sugar
water



Method:

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Lightly flour a board or counter top and lightly roll out the thawed pastry dough slightly.

Divide according to lines on dough.  I used Pepperidge Farm.

 Brush water on the edges. 

On one half of the piece, spread about 1 tablespoon chocolate spread, leaving a small edge on all sides. 

Brush the tops with an egg wash and sprinkle granulated sugar on top.


Make two slits with a sharp knife through the top layer of pastry. 

Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.


Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed.

These were too big for me so I sliced into smaller pieces.




The above cookies were made to come out in squares.  The sugar messed them up when I did not sprinkle it evenly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost