Tropical Quinoa

When I saw the additions to the quinoa, in this recipe from All Recipes. Com, I knew I had to make it.  How could you go wrong with it?  Actually, I did goof, big time.  I must have put too much liquid in the quinoa and it was mushy.  Despite this, the added flavors made it worthy of eating and I would make it again, just with more care.




Tropical Quinoa

Ingredients:
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
1/4 cup chopped dried pineapple
1/2 cup dried mango
1/2 cup cut-up apple
1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup nuts, chopped              

Method:

Mix the quinoa and water in a saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a boil. 

Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until all the water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. 

Remove from heat, and stir in the dried pineapple, dried mango, coconut flakes,  nuts.    

Eat and enjoy.

Serve hot.

Linked to 

Full Plate Thursday

Comments

  1. Chaya,
    I will have to try this, the flavors look wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost