Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pepper, Olive, and Mozzarella Salad

I don't make salads enough.  I really do love them but I just don't bother making them.  It is funny how I don't mind chopping and shredding for hot food but I do mind for salads.  I did make this combination and we liked it.  And.......I don't like olives.

Pepper, Olive, and Mozzarella Salad 


24 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/2 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup pitted Olives
Mozzarella Balls (I used small chunks instead.)
1 teaspoon dried parsley
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon RiceVinegar with basil and oregano
Pinch of ground cumin
Salt and fresh ground Pepper to taste


In a large salad bowl, mix together the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, mozzarella, and basil. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and enjoy!

Results: I took my first bite and my mouth was filled with pops of flavor. This is delicious. I would make it again, happily and I will eat olives, from now on.

Weekend Potluck     See Ya at the Gumbo     Real Food Recipe Round Up    Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table      Fat Tuesday   


  1. I find that sometimes I don't like making salads that contain lettuce, but am very willing to make a cucumber and cherry tomato salad or any salad without the lettuce. Your salad is a perfect example. Looks delicious

  2. This is a lovely salad, Chaya! Interestingly my husband does not like olives either - but I love them! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

  3. I love olives! This is the kind of thing I would like to take to work for lunch.


Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.